On 27th October 2015, Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman, Father of the House of Commons, delivered an antisemitic speech on parliamentary premises to the Shadow Minister for Justice and other MPs.
He claimed that British Jews use “Jewish money” to subvert the British government so that Israeli Jews can “execute Arab-looking people”.
One month later:
- The Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards has told us she will not investigate because the speech “did not bring Parliament or MPs into disrepute”
- Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have expressed “deep concern” but have taken no action.
- The Opposition Chief Whip continues to ignore our calls to take disciplinary action.
Racism must be fought by all political parties, but the Labour Party and Parliament as a whole have taken no action to address Sir Gerald Kaufman’s antisemitism in the two months since his speech.
- Please remind your MP that two months after Sir Gerald Kaufman’s antisemitic speech, we still demand justice.
- Please write to the Opposition Chief Whip, Rosie Winterton MP at [email protected].
- Please tweet @uklabour, tagging @antisemitism.